2015/03/05

Under the sea

Annie: "I'm being a mermaid, it's so fun! Have you ever pretended to be a mermaid?"


Uhm - I grew up in the era of a fairly successful romantic comedy (Splash) where the female lead was a rogue mermaid checking out the human world while hunting down her true love.  A couple of years after that Disney created the first redheaded animated heroine that just happened to be a mermaid who sailed off into the sunset with her prince. With all of this inspiration it is safe to say I spent a good deal of my time in the bathtub as a young girl using a washcloth to make a bandeau top and imagining my legs were a beautiful green tail when in all actuality my fingers and toes were turning to pale prunes.


Me: "Yes, it is fun."  


Thanks for the reminder, sweet girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers